Articles - On The Web
Contemporary World Issues Series
"Vaccine Shortages" by D. A. Haycock in David E. Newton, Vaccination Controversies: A Reference Handbook.
"Legalizing Steroids" by D. A. Haycock in David E. Newton, Steroid Abuse: A Reference Handbook.
"Bringing Feelings to the Diagnostic Criteria of Gender Dysphoria" by D. A. Haycock in David E. Newton, Sex and Gender.
Overcoming Complications of LASIK and Other Eye Surgeries
Every year in the United States, around 1.3 million people have laser vision correction surgery. Three months after their surgeries, 70 percent of these people feel amazed and delighted with the results. The remaining 30 percent, however, experience side effects that leave them feeling dissatisfied to varying degrees. They may have uncomfortably dry eyes, blurry vision, and/or experience difficulty driving after dark. Overcoming Complications of LASIK and Other Eye Surgeries, written by board-certified medical and surgical ophthalmologist Ismail A. Shalaby, MD, PhD and medical writer Dean Haycock, is the first consumer book to bring answers and advice for people who are struggling with complications from eye surgery.